When suddenly, you are short of managers...
Especially in manufacturing companies, interim managers are also motivators and advisors for optimization. Therefore, there is an increasing demand for interim managers with a consulting portfolio. If additionally there is a lack of qualified managers, a proven method is to have me temporarily take over a management position. In the medium term, you can organize the appropriate staffing and simultaneously establish already determined improvements within the company.
Crisis – reorganization – restructuring
The motivation for assignment also arises in the course of M&A projects. I will be happy to take over management responsibilities in this area on behalf of consulting companies, up to COO level.
A good idea is good only when it's implemented...
High consulting performance for the management board is always my highest priority.
My analysis of the current state of product development and associated business processes, and especially my competence in implementing the identified possible improvements in cooperation with my clients' staff members, leads to sustainable success.
Independent of the business sector or technology I will show you the options for dealing with business tasks in the area of product development, manufacturing technology, procurement including outsourcing, logistics and manufacturing optimization.
I will select the appropriate elements suitable for your company from the “toolkit” of Lean Production methodology, SixSigma strategy or the Theory of Constraints, and will undertake the implementation within, and, above all, in cooperation with your organization.
- I will take on the specific planning and management of responsibilities for the implementation
- If necessary, also by selecting and guiding further freelance experts.
The optimization of quality and pace in technical and organizational processes combined with the reduction of total costs is the main focus of my commitment; compliance with the quality management systems of the various business sectors is self-evident.
Many have detailed competences, but only a few have a broad view…
Do you already have good project leaders, but not enough to handle all projects?
Do you have a specific project which you normally do not work on?
These are two reasons to hire an external temporary project leader.
Possible examples of projects:
- Planning and implementation of new products
- Relocation and outsourcing projects
- Restructuring of factory processes and organizations
- Projects for production optimization
11/2022 - 05/2023
Electronic Manufacturing Service
Project manager optimization for PDP & OPEX
Managing customer projects
Reorganization PDP for Manufacturing Engineering
Support for Operational Excellence Project
03/2022 – actual
Consultant Business Unit Automotive Electronic
- Consultant to Management
- Lead Engineer Electronics
- Consultant to Industrial Engineering
06/2021 – 02/2022
Projektmanager Truck Gas Vessels
- Industrialization projekt (>5 Mio.€)
- US-product, transfer to Germany
- Realization of new production equipment
07/2020 – 02/2021
Manager automotive elektronics production
- ensure daily Plant operations, 100 employees, 3 shifts
- restructure departments & stabilize processes
- setup multiple new investments
01/2020 – 06/2020
Cororna lockdown phase
11/2018 – 10/2019
Plant manager medical device components
- Restructuring R&D department
- Production volume ramp up
- Optimize critical projects
04/2018 – 08/2018
Consulting project new product introduction, company internal start-up group
- Process engineering and Supply Chain
- Development process and QMS
- Regulatory requirements
- Search of system suppliers
- Project plan from engineering to factory ramp-up
07/2017 – 01/2018
Consultant for product realisation management
and manager of production planning department
Midsize company in special machine building
- Analysation & visualisation of entire product realisation process
- Data research
- Critical process milestone definition
- Action-plan setup
- Dept. leader production planning and logistics
03/2017 – 05/2017
Project leader product critical ramp up
- Customer communication
- Internal project team management
10/2016 – 02/2017
Project management consultant
Laboratory device company, biotech
- Development project status analysis
- Demonstrate possible activities to optimize the project
- Plan, execute and moderate several workshops
- Support the project manager during management presentations
01/2016 – 08/2016
Concept study for development of a medical device (acute treatment)
- including proof of technical and economical implementability
- Concept design for hardware and software
- Concept design for product design and usability
- Supplier selection and request for tenders
- Planning of development resources and budgeting
- Presentations for project approval
04/2015 – 12/2015
Plant manager Medical device company
- Management of production & purchasing dept.
- Area responsible for TÜV-Süd Audits
- Production restructuring after social plan execution
- Manage development project for a complex medical device
(exchange of obsolete components)
'learned from the best....'
Manufacturing of Nikkiso dialysis machines for Europe
- Production analysis and development of an action plan for increasing the production from 800 to 3,500 machines
- Optimization of production organization
- Localization of the purchase of more than 200 components in Germany
- Definition and implementation of a synchronous manufacturing structure
(KanBan > 800 Art. Nr.)
Reorganization of a production facility for Emerson Industrial group (M&A project)
- Definition and implementation of various improvement projects for
increasing quality and delivery reliability
- Building of an optimal prototype for customer acquisition
- Product improvements in the design-to-production transition (Germany & China)
- Participation in strategic development projects (standardization/innovation/patent)
Supervision and optimization of electronics manufacturing at Lenze
- Segmentation and space optimization to receive new products
- Support with the implementation of an MES system
- Participation in a definition and launch of a fully automated production line for 400,000 devices with a high diversity of variants
Management of a profit center at Brose group
- Achieve cost and innovation leadership in the area of business
- Establishment and expansion of electronics manufacturing and organizational development
- Introduction of state-of-the-art production technology and its implementation
- Definition of an MES/Traceability project for production control
Manufacturing engineering manager at Delphi Automotive Systems
- Investment planning of projects, process planning and costing in the course of development,
location decision and international preparation of facilities for production launch
- Overall project manager for the setup of electronics manufacturing in Austria/Hungary including design-to-cost responsibility during the development stage
- Technical project management for the relocation of electronics manufacturing
- Introduction of corporation-wide standards “product development process”, “manufacturing system design” and “manufacturing system” within a business line
European Process Engineer (EUR Ing.)
My specialty is development accompanying industrialization throughout all stages of the product development process, including carrying out successful series production ramp-ups, optimizing economic figures.
Transforming automotive methods and processes to meet the specific requirements of the companies, I was able to plan for success and put it into practice in various business sectors.
I also make use of all aspects of my experience in difficult situations such as turnaround projects and/or restructuring.
Apart from a solid technical and business management basis, I am also experienced in the management of human resources; in direct disciplinary responsibility as well as in project management. I focus and motivate employees to collectively achieve goals and promote cooperation across organizational interfaces.
Proficiency in ERP and MES systems as well as business fluent English are understood.
- Prince2 Practitioner
- TOC Theory of Constraints (hypothesis)
- Quality in process/ mixed production (Hitoshi Takeda)
- Definition of goals and performance assessment (SMART)
- Six Sigma Sponsor Training
- Production System (QA/Q/WO/PM/MF/EE&I)
- Product Development Process Implementation
- Design to cost (Design for manufacturing)
- Technical Business Management for engineers (TA Wuppertal)
- Company provided training:
Leadership, Project Management, Costing